The EFI Executive Committee proposes annually an amount of money within the annual budget that can be used to provide bursaries to EFI members. These bursaries allow EFI members to attend the annual EFI Conference and other EFI approved Scientific and Educational meetings. The meetings that will be supported must have a theme relevant to the field of Histocompatiblity and Immunogenetics. The EFI budget is approved annually by the EFI membership at the General Assembly held during the annual EFI Conference.
The conditions regarding the bursary application are:
- There is no age limit for applicants.
- Priority will be given to individuals who are EFI member for at least one year and have not received a bursary previously.
- Members will be eligible for a maximum of two bursaries every five years.
- There are four deadlines in each year for receipt of applications: February 1st, May 1st, August 1st and November 1st.
- Applications must be submitted at least two months (but no greater than six months) prior to the planned meeting.
After receipt of the bursary application the EFI executive committee (EC) will evaluate all applications. All bursaries will be awarded on the strict condition that the recipient submits a report on any scientific session of the conference attended which will be published in the EFI newsletter. For full details please download the current procedure for bursary application (PDF-file).
Please note that you must be logged in to be able to apply for a bursary.