The Education Committee mission is to promote education and training for technical, scientific, and medically qualified staff in the field of transplantation immunology, histocompatibility and immunogenetics throughout Europe and beyond.
The 2021 joint EFI/ASHI/APHIA/ARSHI Summer School meeting will be held vitually from 6th to 8th September 2021.
The concept of the Summer School is that it provides a focused course on all aspects of theoretical and applied Immunogenetics and Histocompatibility. To encourage discussion the course is limited to a small group of participants. It represents a great opportunity for those studying towards higher H&I specific qualifications as well as a chance to meet others working in the field in different parts of the world.
Now open for applications! Deadline: 18th June 2021.
Organisers of regional education meetings/workshops can apply for the official approval of their Educational/Scientific Activity by the EFI Education Committee. This official approval infers that EFI supports the educational content of the conference/workshop, and subsequently enables the organizers to use the EFI logo in all documents connected with their meeting.
To promote training in the field of Immunogenetics and Histocompatibility, the EFI Executive Committee has allocated a fixed number of bursaries for EFI members wishing to visit another laboratory to learn new techniques and to develop research collaborations.
The teaching sessions undertaken during the EFI meeting should provide relevant scientific training events for physicians, biologists and technicians involved in the field of Immunogenetics. The opportunity to enlarge and share detailed knowledge on specific topics by competent speakers constitutes a unique opportunity of improvement for the entire EFI community. In order to contribute to the achievement of this aim, the EFI Education committee has defined these guidelines for the organizers of the EFI meeting to standardize the approach for the organization of the teaching sessions.
The aims of the Education Committee
- Organisation of Teaching/Educational Sessions at the Annual EFI Meetings
- Maintain and review the guidelines for organising Teaching/Educational Session at the Annual EFI Meetings
- Co-organisation of the International Summer School along with the Chair of the Scientific Committee
- Reviewing applications for ‘EFI Education and Scientific Bursaries’
- Support of Regional Educational Activities
- Pursue specific projects approved by the Executive Committee
The projects currently executed by the Education Committee
- In cooperation with the European Board for Transplantation Immunology and the UEMS, perform an annual review of the European Specialisation for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ESHI) Diploma syllabus
- Establish and maintain a curriculum for an H&I Diploma for qualified technical staff
- Establish and maintain web based Educational Programme / EFI-H&I college
Education Committee vacancies
Currently there are no vacancies for the Education Committee.
UK (UK & Ireland)
Spain (Spain & Portugal)
Greece (South East Europe)
Czech Republic (Central Europe)